More and mores studies on Aging have concluded that the best anti-aging activity is turning out to be DANCING! Six things you need to know about our activity:
1. Square dances are forgiving. There typically is a beginner’s floor so folks don’t have to be afraid or be embarrassed. Also, it is not competitive.
2. There generally is no dress code. Cowboy boots typically are not required nor are gingham shirts or cowboy hats - comfortable casual is the new dress code!
3. Square dancing is for everyone. There is no concern about dancing with partners of the same sex.
4. Square dances are everywhere. In the early 2000s, nearly every city in the United States had at least one square dance club with larger cities having two or more.
5. Square dancing is fun. That’s it! It’s a great way to connect with others and meet new friends.
6. It is an activity that uses all 3 dimensions of a healthy lifestyle - physical, mental and social! Square dancing is a fun, healthy, friendship-building activity.
Why Should I learn to Square Dance???